Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sailing Clubs

www.insc.ie/.../Default.280.html

As sailing is a huge hobby, many people join clubs to improve on their skills, which is exactly what I did. I have been attending the Irish National Sailing School, located in Dun Laoighre, Co.Dublin. It has been run since the 70s and it's a
great place for people of all ages get to sail at any aspect. I joined with my cousin in August 2008 and it was great. We are now on level 2, which is one level away from being a genuine sailing, which is something I aim high for. Myself and my cousin try to return there as much as we can, either on weekends or long holiday breaks from school. It has a great atmosphere there and we are friends with many of the instructors who are nearly the same age as us. It has a real sense of family and I learned much from attending this club.

Another Club located in Dun Laoighre as well is The George, which is one of the most exclusive sailing clubs in Ireland. I have had the privilege to sail around their harbour which is full of huge, beautiful and well manicured sailing vessels. Maybe someday, I'll be good enough to join.

The photo show above, is just a group of young enthusiastic sailors, who are keen and excited to learn, a bit like I was when I first started out. Although, I'm always keen and excited to learn about this intense hobby of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment